Thursday, September 22

inspiration workshop! - family room

This week's prompt from the Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop is....Family Room.

Now as I thought about what I would post my mind went back and forth between 
my dream family room
OR
my current one. 
And I ended up realizing that even though there are some definite changes I would like to make in order to reach that "dream room" status, I LOVE my family room.
Our family room is the center of our home.
It's where most everything happens.
So many wonderful memories have been made in this room.
We watch our daughter dance like the little Thom Yorke that she is, in this room.
Our couch is where I spent the first month, day and night, cuddled on the couch with newborn Baby L.
I have spent many early morning hours, curled up on the couch, with a soft blanket, reading "just one more chapter" of a good book.
Our family room is not very big (we currently live in an apartment), and there is a lot of stuff crammed into this small space.
But it's also cozy, comfortable and lived in.
I <3 it!!

Here are a few pics of our family room.
Don't mind the swing in the middle or the rabbit ears on the floor by the tv (no cable for us) or the high chair and Jumperoo folded up in the corner.
But if you look close enough you might catch a few glimpses of some chubby baby legs. ;)








I'm actually in the process of finishing out that turquoise frame (after MANY months), so stay tuned for a DIY post in the not too distant future. :)

And, of course, after spending so much time on Pinterest, I am constantly thinking and dreaming about what I'll do to our family room in the future (whenever we're fortunate enough to own a house).


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com