Monday, May 19

hello monday.


hello to a new way of doing things around here!
After battling Audrey off and on for well over a year 
(don't you just love when your child's will is stronger than your own?!), we have finally had success in moving Audrey and Lawson into the same bedroom.
 Which means, I finally get my living room back in the evenings!
It's only been two nights, but they've been glorious.
I might actually be able to catch up on some tv and movie watching. ;)

hello to spending some time with my mama!
My parents live only an hour and a half away, but with my normally busy schedule it can be quite some time between visits, so when my mom texted me last night to tell me that she would be in town today, I was super excited!
We were able to spend an extended lunch playing at the park, plus some time just hanging out at our place this afternoon, and there just might be some pool time tonight. :)

hello to summer school!
This one might not seem like a fun and exciting thing, but trust me, it is.
I'm currently working on getting all of the stuff in order to do a super fun 'Hogwarts Correspondence School' with my little Harry Potter nerd!
It will be lots of magical fantasy mixed in with some real life learning, and I think it will be the perfect fit for our summer.

hello to lists!
Hello, my name is Jen, and I'm a closet list maker.
With the start of summer and the current slower season of my job(s), I'm thinking about all that I can accomplish in the next few months.
From home projects to recipes to summer fun to books to read and tv shows to watch to personal goals, it's all being written down.
Honestly, I feel very much right now like I feel at the beginning of a new year.
Life i full of so many possibilities!!

hello to potty training!
As some of you know, Lawson is my stubborn child.
And if you've met Audrey, that's certainly saying something.
As we've been approaching his 3rd birthday (less than two weeks! Eep!), I've been thinking more and more about getting him trained.
Now, I'm not really worried about it, I know he'll be potty trained eventually, and I also know that pushing him will lead to nothing but frustration for the both of us,
but I still find myself hoping that he'll start showing interest sooner rather than later.
Well, this week he FINALLY PEED IN THE POTTY!!!!
It was such a huge step for him, and it gives me the extra assurance that this WILL happen. 
Also, the little lucky duck got himself three new trains out of it, so you know he's pleased. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah to #1 & #5!
    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your little boy and so happy you were able to spend some time with your mom :) The hogwarts school sounds like so much fun! I love HP :)

    ReplyDelete

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com