Tuesday, July 26

i heart chai!

Chai, sweet chai.


via

A cup of this sweet and spicy tea (made "latte-style" with milk) can calm me, and make me drift off into a daydream like state. Seriously. Think of a Folgers commercial. The man/woman is holding a steaming mug of coffee and as they lift it to their lips, and simultaneously inhale the fragrance and take that first glorious sip, their eyes close and they get that soft smile that could only mean that everything is right in the world, if only for that one moment. Yep. That's me with my chai.

Here's an old Folgers commercial for your viewing pleasure.
Sidenote: this is my all time favorite Folgers commercial. :)



And honestly, I'm kind of a chai snob. I really don't care for the Tazo brand of chai tea. I'll take Oregon Chai any day. I also like mine made with soy milk instead of regular milk. I've tried it both ways and for some odd reason the chai/soy combo just tastes better to me. Also, I have my chai making method down to a pretty good science. I buy one box carton of the chai concentrate and one box carton of soy milk, then I fill these big ass coffee mugs that I have with half chai and half soy milk, microwave for a few minutes and PRESTO, I have a cup of what I'm sure heaven would taste like. There is just enough chai concentrate and soy milk in one carton of each to make four BIG cups full.



I also love the little blurb that's on the back of the Oregon Chai box:
"This magical blend of black tea, vanilla, spices and honey --a perfect balance of yin and yang-- will delight your taste buds any time of day."
Um, yes please!!

What is your magical little pick me up drink?



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had it, ever. I know, I'm crazy. Make me buy one next time we're out. ;)

    And my drink of choice is either an Iced Caramel Macchiato if I want caffeine. If I don't? Either an Iced Passion Tea Lemonade or Black Tea Lemonade. :) Minimal caffeine and delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do, will do. :)

    I normally get an Iced Caramel Macchiato when I'm out, because Starbucks only serves Tazo Chai.

    ReplyDelete

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com