Tuesday, October 11

weekend update :: birthday edition

This weekend was BUSY, yet AMAZING at the same time!
As you can probably tell from the post title, my birthday was this past weekend.


All of the celebrations kicked off on Friday.
The hubs took the day off, that way we could celebrate and go out to lunch together while Kid A was in school.
I absolutely LOVED spending the day with wonderful husband. 
We got to have a quiet lunch at Chili's, during which Baby LL napped. 
And later that night, after Kid A went to bed we just relaxed on the couch, had a few drinks and watched 'Bridesmaids'.


Then, on Saturday, my aunt and uncle (who live out of state), and my mom and grandma came into town a we had a great lunch (completely with a delicious margarita) on the lake at a local  restaurant called The Oasis.
On top of that my mom  and grandma took Kid A for the night, so that the hubs and I could relax a bit more.
Later on that night, the hubs endured my love for Paul Walker by renting (and watching) 'Fast Five'.


Sunday was my actual birthday and it started off tremendously.
I woke up to an iced coffee (my current obsession) and donut holes from Dunkin Donuts.
As the morning progressed, Baby LL took a super nap, and the hubs and I got to sit out on the balcony and enjoy 2 hours of great conversation on a nice, cool, rainy morning.
Later that day I had a birthday lunch with my in laws (pizza and pineapple upside down cake!), which was wonderful! 
Our time with them is always full of fun and laughter.
And, Sunday night, I went out to  Pappasitos for a girls' night with my sister, mom and grandma.
Mexican food and margaritas = YUM!!


I was definitely spoiled this year with gifts too.
Two bottles of wine, a Barnes & Noble gift card, and an Anthropologie gift card were among my spoils!!


All in all, this was most definitely the best birthday I've had in recent years.
Thanks to everyone (especially my SPECTACULAR husband!!) for making this birthday SO special!!

{all photos via}

2 comments:

  1. Awww, it was a special day/weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did too, especially Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com