Friday, November 16

five fancies on a friday :: thankful edition

As we all know, next week is Thanksgiving here in the States.
Thanksgiving is probably the best family holiday, because it doesn't revolve around a whole lot of hoopla and festivities.
While that stuff can be fun, it can also be quite stressful.
Thanksgiving is food, family, friends and quite possibly, football.
It truly can be pretty low key and enjoyable.

When thinking about what to put in this post today,
I started thinking about what I'm thankful for.
Obviously there are the "normal" things.
The hubs, my kids, my family and friends, our health, our home, the food we eat, our jobs, etc., etc.
I decided to go a bit of a different direction and found a few simple fancies that I'm thankful for.
There is also another unintended theme to these (well, 2-4), see if you can guess...

This resonated with me.
All things to be thankful for, plus simplistically beautiful.


Coffee.
I'm a bit addicted.
In the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, I can always use a little pick me up.
I like mine with LOTS of cream and sugar.
How do you take your coffee?


Oh my, how this picture makes my heart sing.
The colors.
The cave-like quality of the bookstore.
The haphazard piles of the things I'm always thankful for....books.


Cozy socks.
Since the weather FINALLY decided to cool down this week,
my toes have been getting a bit chilled.
So thankful to have comfy socks to wear.


Warm blankets to wrap up in.
I'm a homebody and I love any excuse to get super cozy.
Lovely blankets do the trick.


Were you able to guess the theme of #2 - #4?
Those four elements describe what could quite possibly be my favorite kind of fall/winter evening or weekend.
Curled up on the couch, wrapped in a warm blanket, with comfy socks on, a yummy hot drink next to me and a good book to read.
yes, please.

What are you thankful this holiday season?

Oh, and by the way, I guest posted on my lovely friend Mandy's blog Chocolate and Cream Cake today.
If you want to see me gush about my favorite fictional crush, head on over.
And while you're there, leave Mandy some love.

peace, love, and all things sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com