Monday, October 14

hello monday!


hello to my first full week of being 30!
Yes, last week I turned the BIG 3-0.
My birthday week was full of time with family and friends and four different days of celebration!
I couldn't be more blessed in my life. :)
I'm excited to see what this year (and the rest of my thirties) has in store.
And considering how I freaked out when I turned 25, I'm oddly zen with being 30.
I guess with age comes wisdom.
And I'm wise enough to find all of the good things in getting older. ;)

hello to getting back into the swing of things!
With all the celebrating (and work) going on last week, our routine kind of flew out the window.
School was very basic and only a few days worth.
Bedtimes were not acknowledged.
And my head was honestly elsewhere.
Now it's time to get back on track.

hello to switching up the school routine!
I might write another post specifically about this, so I'll keep it brief here.
Lately I've been feeling way overwhelmed, much of it being my own fault.
Perfectionism really sucks sometimes.
After a conversation with the hubs, I decided that switching up our school routine will more than likely be super beneficial to all of us.
So, we'll be doing some mornings, some evenings, some Saturdays, and taking off some days during the week.
I'm eager to see if this will be the help that I need.

hello to a mommy/daughter date!
She did it!
Last week Audrey met her 50 chapter book goal!
So she and I will be having a movie date soon.
I'm so VERY proud of her!!
BTW - she's now up to 53 chapter books read since June. :)

hello to a rainy week!
I'm hoping this cozy, lazy weather will aid in my slowing down (and calming down).
Nothing is better than cuddling up on a rainy day (or evening) with a good book, or a movie.
I'm planning on taking it easy on myself this week (and hopefully farther than that),
and actually taking some real downtime when it's offered to me.
Might have to make some soup too! ;)

And as always, HELLO TO YOU!!

Linking up over at Lisa Leonard's blog.

peace, love, and all things sparkly.

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute. I'm so glad I was able to share in the birthday festivities. :)

    ReplyDelete

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com