Tuesday, May 6

on homeschooling :: year in review :: handwriting.

This post is sure to be short and sweet, really just an overview of our curriculum.
I decided to go ahead and throw handwriting and cursive into the mix mainly because I think neat penmanship is an important thing.
I know that with computers being such a huge thing now, learning cursive isn't so much of a must,
but I'm the teacher, and what I say, goes. ;)

I chose the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum mainly because I was familiar with it, and it seems to be the most widely used.
Cursive work doesn't start until the 3rd grade level in this curriculum,
so I went ahead and ordered the Printing Power Plus set, which is for grade 2, and includes a printing book (Printing Power), and a cursive introduction book (Kick Start Cursive).



Audrey was not a fan of the printing book, but she LOVED the cursive one!
She worked through it fast and thoroughly, so we decided to jump into the grade 3 book,
 Cursive Handwriting, straight away.


I've been super impressed with how fast and well Audrey has picked up cursive.
She's comfortable enough with it at this point to use it in most of her other schoolwork,
which is good for me, because her cursive is definitely neater than her printing! ;)

 This is another curriculum that we will continue during the next school year.

For more info on our school year, check out my other 'year in review' posts.
on homeschooling :: year in review.
on homeschooling :: year in review :: spelling. 
on homeschooling :: year in review :: math.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com