Wednesday, August 3

how to make onion rings

Who doesn't love onion rings??? Even my 5 year old and the hubs, who are PICKY eaters, gobble these up. And, I have to give the hubs credit. He was the one who suggested giving these a whirl, and even made the first batch himself. Now we're hooked.

When I cook, I don't keep track of quantities. I pretty much eyeball everything or add ingredients to taste. But onion rings are SO cheap and easy peasy to make (not to mention DELICIOUS) that I just had to share.

Ingredients:
a white onion
one egg
milk
salt
pepper
all purpose flour
vegetable oil

step 1: slice your onion into rings.


step 2: salt & pepper your onion slices.


step 3: mix an egg and a few splashes of milk together in a bowl.


step 4 : pour some flour in a bowl.


step 5: heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium to medium-high heat.


step 6: dip onions in egg mixture and dredge in flour.


step 7: fry in oil for a few minutes, flipping once, until golden brown.


step 8: drain onion rings on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt to taste.


step 9: ENJOY!!!





2 comments:

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com