Saturday, December 31

resolutions :: 2012 edition

Today is the day.
The day that everyone vows to change themselves; better themselves; do something different.


I, like just about everyone else, have made goals for 2012.
I want to read more, get healthier, enjoy my family more, be a better friend, etc., etc.
 But at the same time, I want to keep some perspective.
The time of year that I make these goals/resolutions will not ultimately make or break me.
Yes, it feels nice to have the "fresh start" that rolls around every January 1st (or beginning of any week/month),
but if I fall off my resolution horse, so to speak, it's okay to pick my self up, dust myself off and get back on, without calling it a failure for the year.
Honestly, I have to keep this in mind whenever I make a goal, no matter the time of year.
My natural state of mind, unfortunately, tends to be "all or nothing".
I find it  very hard to not feel like a failure when I slip a little.
And I tend to set VERY lofty goals, instead of smaller, more manageable ones.
Maybe that should be my goal this year....
To not over burden myself with goals that are too far fetched.
To be proud of my smaller accomplishments, and even celebrate them!!
Slow and steady wins the race, right?!

How about a dose of inspiration?




 


It really is the small things that make the biggest difference....


And because, sometimes, we should let out our inner child...

What are your 2012 resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. Breathe. Treat myself. Take care of myself. Love loudly. Read (more). Write more. Pursue my dreams with smarts and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great resolutions, Ang!! Simple, but oh so important. <3

    ReplyDelete

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com