Monday, August 13

mani[c]MONDAY :: nail art obsession

When I was a teenager I used to get my nails done.
Like straight up, in the salon, acrylic nails.
Teenage me loved long, bold nails.

Adult me still loves bold nails, but I'll take them MUCH shorter, and no falsifying, please.
For awhile I've had my nails painted on and off.
Almost always in a bold, fun color, and recently I've decided that I'm going to take a leap and start trying out my own nail art.

I did this diagonal color blocking a few weeks back.
One major lesson was learned. 
Nail art has to wait for both kiddos to be fast asleep.
My polish wasn't completely dry and just kept smudging, and my 6 year old and 14 month old just didn't get the concept of waiting to need things until after it had an appropriate amount of drying time.
The nerve.


 But try again, I will.
Here are some ideas of things I would like to try in the future.
My plan is to post my successes and my failures (hopefully more successes!).

As always I have found tons of polish inspiration on Pinterest.

Some of my favorites so far.



source

source

source

Hopefully my nails will look as good as these.
Well, maybe one day...

Also, if you want to check out an awesome polish site head over to PerryPie's blog!
She's both awesome and informative. :)

Stay tuned for more of my nail art experimentation....

xoxo.
jen



No comments:

Post a Comment

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com