Monday, March 31

hello monday.



hello to one of my favorite days of the week!
Most often the kids and I are at home during the day on Monday.
We set about doing LOTS of schoolwork at a leisurely pace,
and Mondays are one of my two major cleaning days during the week (Friday is the other).
Everything gets washed, swept, vacuumed, mopped, laundered, and dusted.
All of this really sets a good pace for the week.

hello to spring and open windows!
Temps have finally started warming around these parts.
Springtime (along with fall) is one of my favorite times of the year here in Texas.
The weather is just awesome.
Warm enough in the afternoon for shorts and flip flops, but still cool in the mornings and the evenings.
I adore being able to open our back door during the day to let sunshine and fresh air.
And driving down the highway on a warm spring afternoon with music playing loud is one of my favorite simple pleasures.

hello to really embracing the simple joys in life!
As you've probably already read (several times), my word of the year is simplify.
I've seen this word at work in several different areas of my life in the last few months.
I'm realizing more and more that I really am a simple person at heart, in the best sense of the word, of course.
It doesn't take a whole heck of a lot to make this girl happy.
And at 30 years old, I'm finally starting to really accept and thrive in this simplicity.

hello to reading more!
Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a reader.
One of my absolute favorite things in the world is to snuggle down on my couch with a blanket, a good book, and a cup of coffee, for some uninterrupted reading time.
Now as a mama of two littles (one being two years old), who are with me just about 24/7, 
those uninterrupted times are few and far between.
It's been really easy to put some of my "veg out" pleasures (reading and television) on the back burner, either because I can't find the time, or I'm just plain ol' too tired.
But lately I've realized, yet again, how much more accomplished and how much happier I feel when I'm able to devote time to reading (and in a sense to myself), so it has come back up as a priority over the last few weeks.
And I love it!

And, of course,
hello to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com