Monday, February 6

a reading challenge

One of my resolutions goals just about every year, is to read more.
If you know me, or read my posts (like this one OR this one) , then you know that I'm something of a bookworm.
Always have been, always will be.
I did go through a bit of a dry spell when my daughter was little, maybe that's why I vow every year to check more books off of my "to-read" list.


One of the ways that I'm doing this is by being a loyal visitor of the Goodreads website.
Not only does this site track books that you either want to read or have read, it also lets you keep your friends up to date on the progress that you're making on books you are currently reading.
Add to that the ability to rate and review books and you've got one awesome site for book lovers.
Oh, but WAIT, you can also create your own reading challenge!
You decide how many books you want to read and the site keeps track of your progress (I really like that it tells you how far ahead or behind you are in your challenge by both book amount and percentage).


My personal goal for 2012 is to read 52 books, or one book a week.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I  feel like I'm challenging myself even more by being on my third books already this year that has 750+ pages in it.
I have, however, been able to stay ahead of my one book a week goal, and am currently 2 books ahead, having completed 7 books so far this year!


One of my blog goals for this year is to also start posting more book reviews, so if you're interested in what I've read and what I think about those books, be on the lookout.

photos via

Do you have any reading related goals for this year?
If so, what are they and how are you keeping yourself accountable to them?



xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com